FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 15, 2010
Contact: Carl Graziano
Vice President, Strategic Communications
Six Health and Wellness Leaders Join Care Continuum Alliance Board of Directors
WASHINGTON, D.C.—Care Continuum Alliance members today approved six new Board of Directors members who reflect the growing diversity of stakeholders in the association and the wellness, prevention and chronic care management industry it represents.
Members approved the Board appointments during a business meeting at the Care Continuum Alliance 12th annual meeting, The Forum 10. New Board members include:
- James Cross, MD, Head, National Medical Policy & Operations, Aetna
- Jeffrey M. Davis, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Avivia Health, from Kaiser Permanente
- Keith Dunleavy, MD, President and CEO, MedAssurant Inc.
- Frederic Goldstein, President, U.S. Preventive Medicine
- Peter G. Kaylid, Vice President, Advocacy and Alliance Development, GlaxoSmithKline
- Christopher Vojta, MD, Senior Vice President, Ingenix
Care Continuum Alliance members also approved Executive Committee positions, including:
- Chair Christopher Coloian, Principal, Assabet Ventures
- Immediate Past Chair Gordon K. Norman, MD, MBA, Chief Innovation Officer, Alere
- Secretary Jerome V. Vaccaro, MD, President and Chief Operating Officer, APS Healthcare
- Treasurer Rose Maljanian, RN, MBA, Chairman and CEO, HealthCAWS Inc.
- Government Affairs Committee Chair Randall E. Williams, CEO, Pharos Innovations LLC
- Quality and Research Committee Chair Gregg Lehman, PhD, CEO, HealthFitness Inc.
- At-Large Member Christopher Behling, President, Health & Wellness Division, Hooper Holmes Inc.
Board members approved for second, three-year terms are Jeremy J. Nobel, MD, MPH, Faculty Member, Harvard School of Public Health; and Vaccaro.
The Care Continuum Alliance also recognized the valuable contributions of departing Board members Jan E. Berger, MD, President and CEO, Health Intelligence Partners; Susan B. Riley, BSN; Tehseen Salimi, MD, MHA, Vice President, Global Evidence & Value Development, Medical Affairs, sanofi-aventis; Katie Brookler, Patient Safety Officer, State of Colorado Medicaid Medical & Child Health Plan Plus Administration; Patricia P. Mueller, MD, Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Coventry Health Care; and John Sory, Senior Vice President, Health Care Solutions, eResearch Technology.
# # #
About the Care Continuum Alliance
The Care Continuum Alliance convenes all stakeholders providing services along the continuum of care for population health improvement, including health and wellness promotion, chronic care management and care coordination. Through advocacy, research and promotion of best practices, the Care Continuum Alliance advances population-based strategies to improve care quality and outcomes and reduce preventable costs for individuals with and at risk of chronic conditions. The Care Continuum Alliance represents more than 200 corporate and individual stakeholders, including wellness and care management organizations, pharmaceutical manufacturers and benefits managers, health information technology and biotechnology innovators, employers, hospitals, physicians, nurses and other health care professionals, and researchers and academics. Learn more at www.carecontinuum.org.