The Care Continuum Alliance hosted its 10th annual meeting, The Forum 08, Nov. 23 to 25, 2008, at the Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa, in Hollywood, Fla. The Forum, postponed from an early September date after a major hurricane threatened to strike South Florida, offered timely plenary and concurrent session presentations and exhibit events that received high marks from a large turnout of population health improvement professionals.
Presented here are useful post-conference resources, including slides from Forum presentations, downloadable MP3 files of keynote speeches, copies of the conference daily newspaper, The Continuum, and other important links.
Keynote Presentation Podcasts
- Nov. 24 joint keynote by former U.S. Senator John Breaux and Project HOPE Senior Economist Gail Wilensky, PhD, on the outlook for health care reform in 2009 and implications for prevention, wellness and disease management. | Available only to DMAA members—please log-in above.
- Nov. 25 keynote panel on population health in the patient-centered medical home, featuring Ricardo Guggenheim, MD, vice president, clinical content & design, McKesson Health Solutions; Lisa M. Latts, MD, vice president, Programs in Clinical Excellence, WellPoint Inc.; and Paul J. Wallace, MD, Medical Director for Health and Productivity Management Programs, Senior Advisor, The Care Management Institute and Avivia Health, The Permanente Federation, Kaiser Permanente. Moderator: Jaan Sidorov, MD, Principal, Sidorov Health Solutions Principal | Listen >>
Slides from The Forum 08 Educational Tracks
Track 1: Frontiers in Technology
Track 2: Success in the Public Sector
Track 3: Innovations in Care
Track 4: Keys to Engagement & Behavior Change
Track 5: Enhancing the Medical Home
Special Interest: Managing Obesity
Slides from the 2008 Outcomes Symposium
- Track 1: Outcomes Evaluation in Practice
- Track 2: The Science of Measurement
- Track 3: Assessing Results in Wellness
The Continuum Conference Daily Newspaper
Other Important Documents and Links